Best States For NYSC Posting & Most Frequently Asked Questions
The national youth service corp is a program meant for graduates; however, the posting for 2023 is being slowed down and not fast as before.
In this article, we want to talk about the best states for NYSC Posting. What this is implying is that the best states in Nigeria are where you can do your One-year compulsory nysc service year without actually blaming yourself in the long run.
Over the years, corpers have been seeking information on this specifically. You cannot actually blame them because nobody likes suffering.
Otondos also seeks information on Is Delta State good for NYSC, How to navigate on the Nysc portal & types of Nysc portals we have.
Best States For NYSC Service in Nigeria
- Abuja: In case you don’t know. Abuja is one good place to serve though we all know that Abuja has a high standard of living coupled with the high cost of things; one advantage about Abuja is that it is very peaceful & comfortable to live in. Who wouldn’t like to serve in such a place? You will surely enjoy Abuja if you are posted there by NYSC. Trust me; you will.
- Cross River: I know some people might hiss after hearing cross river is one of the best states for NYSC Posting. Before you hiss, let me explain why I said so. Cross river is fun, and the high cost of living is not that high. Cheap accommodation & inexpensive foods are also there. The last thing that tops the list is the excellent security in the states. So tell me after hearing all this. Wouldn’t you like to be posted here for your compulsory one-year service?
- Enugu State: Enugu is a complete state. It has no bad attributes, at least none I’ve heard of. Food is cheap, transportation is fair, and security is good. However, one problem that those living in Enugu face is water. Because of its mountainous terrain, it is usually tricky to drill a borehole, making water challenging. Mind you; this is not present in all areas of the state.
- Niger State: This is one of the best states for NYSC posting. The reason is that sharia laws do not affect them here. They have more Christians here than Muslims & it’s the most “secure” state in the north. Generally, feeding and housing are cheap in the north, and Niger isn’t an exception.
- Ogun State: It is no longer news that Ogun state does not pay corpers. Nevertheless, it is one of the best states to serve as a corper. My reason is there are several companies and several job opportunities for corpers. (Note, if you go for service early in the year, you may get posted to companies rather than schools).
- Lagos: In Nigeria, if you do not talk about Lagos state, then you have not talked about anything in the country. Lagos has its disadvantage, like pickpocketing, but you will enjoy your service year mainly because you will learn. Lagos will let you experience what life truly is & you will surely get paid as a corper here.
How do I choose Nysc States?
During NYSC online registration. You will choose a maximum of four (4) states from different zones (see the zones below).
Then, NYSC will post you to one of the states you choose. However, note that there is no 100% guarantee that you will be posted to any of the four states you choose.
Which state pays the highest in NYSC?
Anambra state is the state that pays prospective corpers the highest amount in all the states in Nigeria.
How much does Lagos State pay corpers?
Lagos state Pays N15,000 and sometimes N10,000 to corpers in ministry and N5000 to those in LGA.
Thanks for reading. Your comments will be greatly appreciated in the box below.