NYSC SAED Information
SAED means SKILLS ACQUISITION & ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEPARTMENT. This is a skill acquisition & entrepreneurship development popularly known as SAED.
It is a department under NYSC. Just like the way we have various departments in higher institutions. Such is the case with NYSC.
This particular department SAED as its name implies deals with the acquisition of skills & Entrepreneurship procedures.
Read also on: How you can check if your name is on nysc senate list
When you see corpers who are on camp acquiring one skill or the other. It is with the help of this department that they were able to achieve such a great feat.
Things You Need To Know About NYSC SAED
The Department is headed by a Director and is made up of two divisions namely:
- Skills Acquisition Division
- Entrepreneurship and Empowerment Division
FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT
Functions of the department include:
- Sensitize and mobilize 200,000 young graduates for skill acquisition annually
- Facilitate the training and mentoring of 100, 000 young graduates in skill acquisition and entrepreneurship development for self-reliance annually
- Promote public-private partnership for entrepreneurship development and self-reliance amongst Nigerian youths
- Promote documentation and sharing of best practices on youth empowerment in Nigeria
- Support evidence-driven advocacy efforts for favorable policies on youth empowerment in Nigeria
- Sensitization and mobilization of corps members for enrollment into the skill acquisition and entrepreneurship development program
- Development of a standard curriculum for the in-camp skill acqusition exercise
- Identification of organizations at state level to provide training and mentoring in specific skills sets
- Attachment of the corps members to the various organizations for skill acquisition and entrepreneurship development
- On-going monitoring and supervision of trainee corps members
- Facilitate access to available funding opportunities
What is The full meaning of Saed?
The full meaning of SAED is Skill Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development. It is an important part of the NYSC orientation activities. The government understands that there are a lot of unemployed youths and that with each graduation, this number rises.
What’s the meaning of CDS in NYSC?
CDS means Community Development Service. From the inception of the NYSC scheme in 1973, corps members have been sectioned into groups to participate in a Community Development Service (CDS).
This enactment program gets all corps members to participate and contribute to the social, political, and economic development of their host communities.
How do I access my NYSC SAED loan?
- All qualified applicants can apply for the loan through the official portal.
- You’ll need to use your NYSC state code to apply for the loan.
- An individual is eligible for loans of up to three million naira.
Dear readers, kindly leave your comments in the box below & don’t forget to share this article with loved ones.
Thank you for taking the time to read this great piece.