Things You Will Take To Nysc Camp & Other Requirements
Are you one of those graduates who wants to perform the compulsory one year service, if that is the case then this article is for you. In this article, we would be sharing the things you will need to take along with you when going for NYSC Camp.
Over the years, candidates have been seeking valuable information on what & what needs to be taken to the national youth service corps camp.
Well, since you have known as over the years that we only share credible and relevant information. We are here to provide such information to you again.
As soon as you have print your NYSC Call up letter & you already know where you will be visiting for your compulsory NYSC one year service year.
There are some things you need to take along. If you want to know what those things are. Kindly ensure you read this article to the end to get the full details.
We would be sharing the requirements you need to take with you in parts so you can know how important they are more than each other.
Over the years, candidates are fond of making enquiries on requirements, Things not allowed in the camp, NYSC camp requirements 2022, List of best national youth service corps camp in Nigeria.
If you check very well. All this enquiries are quite related with one another. Candidates also seek information on daily activities, camping check list pdf, Ensure you read to the end to get the full details.
Things Needed For NYSC Camp 2022-2023
NYSC Camp Registration Requirements
- Call Up Letter: This is one of the documents you need to take with you when going to the camp. It is very important you take this document with you. You will not be attended to without this document. This document is the only evidence that you are a prospective corps member and you are not trying to impersonate anyone. When you get to the camp, they will ensure they collect this from you. Don’t panic when they collect this document from you. It is normal that way. However you should note that you should never forget your call up letter when going for NYSC under whatsoever circumstances. Also, note that when printing your nysc call up lerter, the cafe guys should print it out for you with a laser printers and not inkjet. This is so because documents printed with inkjet are more susceptible to water/moisture damage. Just to be on a safer side because you never can tell what may happen on the road or in camp. You are advised to do this with any document you intend to keep for a very long time. If you can’t find a laser printer, then you can use anyone. You should also note that you must not laminate your call up letter, if you do. You might be sent back from the camp or you might be pardoned that ofcourse is when you beg and beg for them to pardon you.
- Registration Documents: All foreign students & internal students should ensure you have their registration documents intact.
- Green Card: It contains your bio-data. Print and bring along your signed copy.
- Final Year Student IDENTITY CARD
Notification/STATEMENT OF RESULT from School
PHOTOCOPIES OF YOUR DOCUMENTS: Now make about 5 copies of every document required. There would be photocopiers in camp at mammy market but trust me, it is double the price and it saves time.
- PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPHS: This is very important. Take as many as you can, about 20 in white backgrounds. You would need them for different kinds of registration. e.g, skill acquisition groups, religious groups, sports, redeployment, bank account opening e.t.c
- CERTIFICATES/LICENSES: For Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses & Lab Scientists, take along your proof of certification. Graduates of Medicine and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (NMDCN) and Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) respectively.
- STATIONERY: PEN, PAPER, GUM.
- My clear bags: This will be needed so that you can put all your documents inside it. Ensure you get as many as possible.
- ROUND-NECKED WHITE T-SHIRTS: This is an essential outfit in camp in fact in most camps this is the only allowed cloth to be worn throughout your 3 weeks. Even to church, you might not be allowed to wear colored cloths. You would be given 2 pairs of white t-shirts at camp to just fulfill all righteousness which surely would never be your size especially our very slim and small otondo in size.
- WHITE SHORTS: I beg you please do bring yours. you would also be given 2 pairs of shorts which are really poor in material. They tear easily and it can be annoying. So my dear Otondos bring like 4 pairs of shorts. Trust me also you wont like to wash everyday, so bring enough to last you like 3 days so that you wont be stranded.
- PLAIN WHITE SNEAKERS/TENNIS SHOES: This is a very important outfit. you would also be given an ugly pair of low quality white tennis shoes customized for NYSC. It’s either you are not given your size although you can find someone with your size and swap. But after the first wash it starts tearing. So just buy yours (white). They also sell this in camp, so in case you are not able to get you could buy in camp just carry extra cash for that because the price would be higher – as with everything in Mammy – because they know you have no choice than to buy.
- White socks
- MOSQUITO TREATED NET
- BASIC DRUGS
- A PAIR OF SLIPPERS
- Bed sheets, Pillow Cases and A Pillow
- FLASK, BOWL AND CUP
- FLASHLIGHT OR RECHARGEABLE
- Some form of entertainment
- Your Ray-Ban sunglasses for the sun
- Get extra phone batter(ies) and
- extra Network SIMs.
- ATM Card
What should I wear to NYSC camp?
The official wear is a white short and T shirt with a white national youth service corps socks and white table tennis shoe or jungle boot. You are also required to put on your NYSC state tag at all time with a card holder around your neck. The NYSC cap is compulsory and is to be worn facing front. You wear this everywhere.
Which NYSC camp is the best in Nigeria?
The best in Nigeria is the Ogun State Permanent Orientation Camp, Ikenne Road, Sagamu Local Government, Ogun state.
How long is NYSC orientation camp?
It is approximately three weeks.
Dear readers, kindly leave your comments in the box below & don’t forget to share with loved ones.